Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Regretful

As I deal with what is, in a new position I'm serving in- I realize how regretful I am that I left my well paying data job to get pregnant and birth a bub.  I have loved mothering more than anything I've ever done- but I could not see then how my marriage would fail and I'd be left standing-

solo.

no retirement.

no career trajectory, advancement of my skills, yada.

My ex husband keeps advancing and moving forward professionally, and spends his work off time with our son.  But I am always on.

I wouldn't have it any other way, and yet--- this is my biggest regret. 

It's the thing I've got to figure out- part time, or resort to the dread after care.  I can't imagine being away from my precious young son, more than I already am.  sigh.  dread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment