Friday, November 8, 2013

Relationship Post-Mortem

I ended my relationship today, and I think it behooves this blog to dissect the ins and outs extensively to help me process it.  So here it is:  I have problems and am flawed, but have ended the relationship for one key reason. 

I refuse to be treated like shit. 

I made allowances for my shit, I made allowances for his shit, I gave and communicated and treated him the way I want to be treated- I was honest and honorable and feel good about creating space in my life for love, and giving my best higher self to it.

But he didn't deserve it, despite some amazing vibey chemistry.  He's not the guy, and I got no time to process the relentless drivel of inner turmoil being involved with him resulted in.  Good relationships should feel good a goodly portion of the time.  That's the test.  This relationship?   FAIL.

I credit this blog for helping me sort myself- to be as honest and real with myself as I can be, and to trust that no matter how good something felt, 6 weeks ago!! It doesn't mean it's right in my life. 

2 comments:

  1. <3 i feel like i have a ton to say, and yet... nope. just observing and appreciating that you share yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thanks for reading and hearing me-- but I'm always interested in what you have to say!

    ReplyDelete